Friday, March 9, 2012

Something borrowed and blue ;)

After it had been done and uploaded, I saw that my last 3 blog entries had something to do with "a first" and so I wanted to steer clear of that title!

This blog entry is not about a wedding as you might think (thanks to the title ;) but some borrowed stuff and the blue card as a result!

A good friend of mine was so kind to lend me some of her stamping stuff and one of her stamps was a BEAUTIFUL butterfly!  This is what I made with it . . .


The image is stamped with Memento Tuxedo Black and coloured with Copic marker numbers G00; B02 & B05 (my absolute favourite colours!)
After colouring it, I cut it out and glazed it over with Royal Coat Dimensional Magic and let it dry.
The final touch was to add some KindyGlitz Crystalina (the only colour I ever buy because it picks up any colour you work over) on the body and spots.

I then layered it on white card stock with turquoise vellum (like tracing paper) and more white edged with a Martha Steward around the page punch set.

The sentiment was stamped on plain velum in Memento Bahama Blue ink, then cut into a ribbon shape on the edges and added on with mirror tape squares.  The diamante's are added to hide the mirror tape squares because the velum is so see-through.

Thank you Sue for being so generous!

No comments: